Studies in English and other foreign languages (German, French, Russian) are subject to tuition fees. The tuition fees range from CZK 0 (some PhD programmes) to CZK 360,000 per year, depending on the faculty and study programme. Check the Central database of all study programmes for the programme fees or see the brochure here
GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS - DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
The Government of the Czech Republic annually offers scholarships within its Foreign Development Assistance Programme. These so-called government scholarships support students from developing countries who would like to study at public universities in the Czech Republic
For more information visit the website of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport.
The Government scholarship programme will not be announced for the academic year 2020/2021.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS UNDER BILATERAL INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic annually offers scholarships to foreign nationals within the framework of intergovernmental exchange programmes arranged with a number of countries.
CHARLES UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS
PhD scholarship: A doctoral scholarship is awarded to all students enrolled in a full-time doctoral programme during the standard length of study (usually 4 years). The scholarship ranges from CZK 10,500 to CZK 25,000 per month. The specific amount within this range is determined by the Dean of the Faculty, in accordance with the Faculty Internal Regulation
Other financial support for students studying in English (or other foreign language) study programmes is organized by individual faculties. At this moment, three faculties offer scholarships to students in English taught study programmes (see the links below for more specifications and conditions):
FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS
offers the following scholarships to highly qualified applicants:
- Computer Science Tuition Fee Scholarships for the Bachelor’s Programme in Computer Science;
- Computer Science Tuition Fee Scholarship for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, any study branch;
- Computational Linguistics Scholarships for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics.
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Development scholarships for students from developing and transition countries
- European Politics and Society: Vaclav Havel Joint Master Programme - 18 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarships each year covering the whole 100% of the tuition fee and offering to students extra 1000 EUR per months as living allowances
FACULTY OF SCIENCE – Support for Talented PhD Researchers STARS.
Studies in Czech are free of charge. A tuition fee is charged only if the student exceeds the standard length of study by more than one year. Example: The standard length of study for a Masters in General Medicine is 6 years. Students can study 7 years free of charge. If they do not complete their studies by the 7th year, they will have to start to pay certain amount upon entering their 8th year.