Date of effect: 1 February 2019
The objective of the Directive is to set rules for the provision of financial support to projects within the 4EU+ Alliance. The aim is to support both the ongoing and new projects of cooperation among 4EU+ universities using the funds within the system of the Institutional Support of Long-term Conception Development of a Research Organization approved as part of the Principles by the Academic Senate of Charles University on 14 December 2018. The Directive is in compliance with the Long-Term Strategic Plan of the University and the 4EU+ Strategy adopted by the relevant University bodies.
1. An applicant for financial support must be an employee of Charles University with a minimum work load 0.5.
2. The maximum amount to apply for is CZK 300,000.
3. The minimum number of partners in the envisaged project is three out of six potential 4EU+ partners.
4. Supported activities must be in compliance with the 4EU+ Strategy for Long-term Cooperation and must cover a field reflected by one of 4 flagships of the 4EU+ Alliance.
5. The Rector decides whether the financial support should, or should not be awarded upon recommendation of the commission composed of the Vice-Rector for Research, Vice-Rector for Education, Vice-Rector for Conception and Quality of Education and the Vice-Rector for European Affairs.
6. The deadline for submitting applications is 31 March 2019.
1. An application must be submitted in a prescribed form (Appendix 1). It is submitted electronically to .
2. An application must contain the following data:
a. The project consortium: universities and researchers involved (cooperation may be ongoing or new, the latter involving partners agreed in advance).
b. An abstract and envisaged outcomes of the project.
c. Project objectives.
d. A brief rationale proving the compliance of the project with the long-term 4EU+ Strategy.
e. Budget requested with summarised reasons.
f. Other intended long-term funding of the project.
g. Written confirmation of their interest in cooperation by foreign partner units.
3. Spending of allocated financial support must terminate on 15 December 2019. Unspent amounts of up to 5 % may be transferred by a respective University unit to the Fund of Defined-Purpose Resources and may be spent in the next year.
1. Allocated funds may be used in order to support research projects including the research itself, travel expenses, organizing conferences and/or workshops and preparatory project meetings, to support exchanges of doctoral students or post-docs, short-term stays within research teams, creation of common materials to enhance virtual mobility, or to support persons engaged in the preparation of respective projects.
2. Allocated funds may not be used to cover refreshments and investments.
3. The support must be used in compliance with a respective Decision to Provide Subsidies Regarding the Long-term Conception Development of a Research Organization, and its appendices.
This Directive becomes effective 1 February 2019.
Prague, 23 January 2019
prof. MUDr. Tomáš Zima, DrSc., MBA