Date of effect: 1 December 2018
The aim of support under this Directive is, in compliance with the Long-Term Plan of Charles University (“the University”), to motivate academic, research and development staff to file top-quality applications for projects funded by the European Research Council (“the ERC”). Support will be financed from sources earmarked by the University within the framework of the Breakdown of Non-investment Contributions and Subsidies at the University.
1. An application can be filed by an applicant:
a. who is, at the time of filing of the application, an academic, research or development worker at the University;
b. who falls under one the ERC funding schemes1;
c. who co-operates with a University contact person and an ERC co-ordinator at the University when preparing his/her application.
2. The maximum amount of support is CZK 100,000 and it is provided no sooner than after a quality project proposal has been submitted via the ERC’s electronic application.
3. A submission of an application for support under this Directive excludes the possibility to file an application for support for the preparation of collaborative projects under Rector’s Directive No. 63/2017; at the same time, a particular project proposal may only be subject of one project plan.
4. Provided support may be used at the applicant’s discretion and in compliance with Act No. 130/2002, for example as remuneration, reimbursement for for travel expenses, and the like.
1. Applications for support may be submitted continuously after a project proposal has been submitted, however, no later than within one month of the submission of an ERC project proposal via the electronic application. A decision on applications for support in the case of Starting Grants and Advanced Grants will be issued no later than on 1 December of the calendar year in which the application for grant funding has been filed. A decision on applications for support in the case of Consolidator Grants, or Synergy Grants, will be issued no later than on 1 June of the calendar year in which an application for grant funding has been filed, or, as the case may be, of the year immediately following the year in which an application for grant funding has been filed. The applications along with all attachments are to be filed electronically at the following address: .
2. An application must include the following:
a. the type of the ERC funding scheme the applicant is applying for, and the date of submission;
b. the full text of the project proposal.
1. Only project proposals that satisfy conditions stipulated in Article 2 and Article 3 hereof will be considered.
2. Support will be granted on the basis of a decision of the Vice-Rector for Research upon recommendation from the ERC co-ordinator and with the consent of the dean of a faculty, depending on budgetary possibilities.
The applicant is responsible for the efficient, economical, and expedient use of the support in compliance with relevant legal regulations, conditions prescribed by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, and this Directive.
1. Rector’s Directive No. 64/2017 is hereby repealed.
2. This Directive becomes effective on 1 December 2018.
In Prague, 30 November 2018
Prof. MUDr. Tomáš Zima, DrSc., MBA